|Professor Garris' research interests include the following areas:
1. Turbomachinery: Particulary non-steady flow ejectors utilizing pressure exchange, energy separation devices, turbochargers and turboexpanders.
2. Refrigeration and airconditioning, particularly those using ejectors.
3. Fuel cells including system issues involving turbo-expander pressurization and reformation.
4. Non-steady, compressible fluid mechanics.
5. Experimental methods and instrumentation.
6. Jet propulsion using non-steady flow, including VSTOL .
7. Computational Fluid Mechanics.